+44 (0)1952 201201
We do not want to overcharge customers by imposing a one-size-fits-all delivery and installation fee. Our team will calculate the best options for you, based on your order, and we will get back to you.
“No loss off the back of your vehicle”
New Tempro® Back-Stop™ from Seymour Manufacturing is the first insulated flexible barrier to be designed to reduce energy loss from the back of a chilled or frozen vehicle in a semi automatic system. The curtains are available either as an option for new goods vehicles, or they can be retrofitted. Substantial energy and fuel savings can be achieved when using Back-Stop™ and the flexibility and simple functionality of the system provides easy access during loading and unloading whilst still retaining the required temperature with the vehicle rear doors open. SMI’s Tempro® Back-Stop™ is an insulated door curtain system based on SMI’s original development for supermarket cold rooms and freezer. Which save 25% in chillers and an amazing 33.3% in freezers.
- Back-Stop™ curtains conserve significant amounts of energy by retaining chill.
- With vehicle back doors open, at least three quarters of the load is automatically protected.
- Driver friendly Back-Stop™ curtains are activated simply by the driver pulling open the curtain.
- On exiting from the vehicle, the driver simply presses a button or uses the tail lift to automatically close any open panels.
- Back-Stop™ curtains can be made to any width or height and are usually in fours.
- Their unique design allows them to be trimmed to fit.
- They are soft and lightweight, easily cleaned, hygienic , flexible and fit well.
- Back-Stop™ curtains prevent temperature losses from damaged rear doors and seals.
- Curtains are fitted with Bio-Gard™ Anti-Bacterial window to allow entry of outside light when the curtains are closed.
- Every part can be repaired and recycled. Tempro® is fire retardant to BS 5867 Pt 2 1980.
The Back-Stop™ system consists of four movable insulated Tempro® Curtains, two suspended on the front rail and two on the back rail, all fitted on one SMI sliding bar mounted below the truck ceiling. All four Tempro® curtains are fitted with a window made from clear cold safe PVC to allow outside light into the freezer or chiller space when the curtains are closed.
The curtains can be moved by hand to any position on their track as required. They are held in position by an electro-magnet that requires only 24v DC, and can be released back into their position by a pull handle, button or triggered by the action of a tail lift which releases the electromagnet and allows curtain closure by spring tension.
Click here to Download the Virtual Survey